Selling a Home In Need of Too Many Repairs?
Any repairs your home requires is paramount in determining its overall value. Your home can have a highly sought after location, and ideal floor plan and the perfect bedroom to bathroom ratio but, if it’s in need of too much work, your pool of potential buyers is drastically limited.
Homes that are in need of repairs struggle in the traditional real estate market. According to the chief economist at Zillow.com in the traditional real estate market, the average home buyer will pay $15,000 more for a house that’s move-in ready than they will for a house that needs $5,000 worth of work.
Home Repairs That Affect Your Home’s Value
- Mold or Previous Mold Damage
- Foundation Damage
- Fire Damage
- Outdated Kitchen
- Damaged Flooring- specifically carpet
- Personal Belongings or Clutter
- Loud Paint Colors or Wallpaper
- Home Repairs and the Traditional Real Estate Market
Buyers For Homes in Need of Repair
If your home is in need of repairs the pool of potential buyers is limited to:
- Individuals who have time, money and appetite for the risk required to complete a home renovation.
- Real Estate Investors that regularly buy houses quickly and in any condition.
Don’t cross your fingers and hope the perfect buyer comes along through the traditional real estate market, trust CNS Home Solutions to buy your home quickly and at a fair price. There is no need to hire a contractor contact us at CNS Home Solutions to sell your “fixer upper.”